You’re stuck at home with the kids. All of them. Whether it’s self imposed or the kids are part of a school district that has canceled classes, you’re probably wondering what to do during your time off…or as one of my friends called it, Corona-cation.😂
WE CAN BE SERIOUS AND STILL LIGHTHEARTED
I’m certainly not trying to make fun of what is going on in the world, but maybe this is a time to reconnect and hang out with the family amidst our busy lives.
We home school, so being home doesn’t really bother us. But for those of you who aren’t accustomed to it, I can tell you, it can get overwhelming.
SO, WHAT TO DO ON YOUR CORONA-CATION
(Really wish I could take credit for that. lol)
SOME THINGS TO DO…
1. Don’t be afraid of the t.v. (I know this goes against all things the experts say.) But really, pop some popcorn and put on a movie.
Hey, maybe even do something fun like put out a blanket and have a picnic while watching a movie. It’s how we do our pizza and movie nights.
2. Speaking of picnics, you don’t have to watch a movie to do it.
If the weather is bad, do one in the living room, and if the weather is nice even better! Head to your backyard. Watch some birds and butterflies. God’s creation is awesome!
3. Play some games! I just ordered Charades for Kids from Amazon. It was less than $10. You could also do Twister, Scrabble, Mouse Trap. Think “childhood”. I know I had an awesome one.
Want those games delivered to your door or more? Check them out. (I do make a small commission off anything purchased through my link. For my full disclosure, please see my policy.)
4. Read. I love to read. Now is a great time to catch up on that book you’ve been wanting to read. Your kids? They probably love to be read to…take advantage.
5. Get in a workout. No large gatherings? No problem.
Get out for some fresh air in nature. (That’s still okay to do at this point. Just don’t meet in large groups. You can totally do this with your family.)
Or search online for free workouts. My goal is to have a workout ready this week that you can do from home with no equipment except a phone as a timer. (I know if you’re reading this, you most likely have a phone.) I’m recording one tonight at Pooler Karate.
STAY SAFE, AND TAKE CARE
Above all. Keep your hands clean and your contact low. We will get through this.
Stay safe, friends. More disconcerting than the virus is the media handling of it all. But I know that God isn’t surprised by this. Take it one day at a time, and please try not to freak out. Be sure to follow my social media outlets for updates on the workouts.
Until next tome…